Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My Braid-n-Curl Results

I mentioned on a previous post that I wanted to wear some different styles since I've been rockin' two-strand twists F-O-R-E-V-E-R.  I still plan on protecting my hair as much as possible to reach my BSL goal this year, but I really miss my hair in different styles.

I decided to try my first Braid-n-Curl and I absolutely love it.  Of course I used zero heat but did step out of my comfort zone on the product I used to achieve my style.  I'm very, very, very . . . did I say VERY, particular about what products I put in my hair since I don't like weighed down, flaky, dry, thirsty, sticky, nor gooey hair. 

I used "Lottabody Olive Oil Setting Lotion" to set my curls.  I purchased the product from Sally's when the 32-oz was on sale (you know I love a good deal).  The braid-n-curl was my second usage of this product and I decided to mix 1-part water to 1-part Lottabody. 

My first experience with Lottabody was with a week old twist out and I decided to spray the product on my curls to liven them up.  However, my mixture was 4-part water to 1-part Lottabody and my hair became extremely dry and hard.  Later, I realized my hair does not respond well to an oversaturation of water without proper sealing. 

So this time, I mixed 1-part each and my hair feels phenomenal.  My curls are super-soft but with hold.  To achieve my braid-n-curl, I braided the hair and left variant lengths of hair out which I curled using perm rollers.  I will be posting a video of how I completed this style and pictures of how my hair progressed throughout the week on my YouTube channel this weekend – perhaps. J

Here are some cute pics of my hair:


                          

If you're curious, here are the ingredients: Water (Aqua) (Eau), Polyquaternium-11, Olea Europea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Peg-40 Lanolin, Polysorbate 20, Parfum (Fragrance), Dmdm Hydantoin, Methylparaben, Ci 47005 (Yellow 10), Ci 42053 (Green 3).

Love and peace, peace and love,

*Cam*

No comments:

Post a Comment