Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Versatility of 2-Strand Twists

I've been wearing 2-strand twists for a little over 18 months.  It's a great protective style because it aids in you caring for your hair relative to length retention but most importantly for maintaining healthy hair.  However, I do get bored with the same look so I love to change it up while keeping my protective style. 

I decided to use my Lock Loops to add some cute spirals to my hair and I love the look.  Today, I decided to twist my hair out and I have beautiful, bouncy curls due to the Lock Loops.  Shake it, shake it!!!

2-strand twists benefit my hair by:
v      Protecting my hair from the elements, including me lol
v      Holding moisture
v      Ease of oiling
v      Length retention

I find with my hair the 2-strand twists really aid in keeping my hair moisturized and absorbing oil.  I can heavily moisturize my hair with a twist-out and by the end of then night that moisture will be gone!  Also, I love oiling my hair with coconut oil to prevent dryness and because I love the smell of coconut.  I use an applicator bottle to dispense the oil on my hair and of course with the 2-strand twists, oiling is a breeze.

So if you're bored with the same 'ole look to your twists, try spiraling, braiding, or coiling them.  Each of those styling techniques will give your twists a different look for a different you.
'Til next time,

Love and peace, Peace and love,

*Cam*

No comments:

Post a Comment