Thursday, May 26, 2011

Braid-n-Curl with no Heat

I recently finished a video on a braid-out that is really more of a braid-n-curl.  I used all natural products and spiral rods to give my hair more body and have plenty of bounce.  I absolutely love the results! There are 2 videos, with part 1 showing my process and part 2 with the results.


To achieve this style, I decided to not use Lottabody since I wanted to see how my hair will last without a product specializing in hold.  My main product was Shea Moisture's Curl Enhancing Smoothie.  This product was great with my daughter's hair so I was hoping it would work for me and it absolutely did. 

My hair is incredibly soft and has a ton of bounce and movement.  I layered my products in the following way:
  • Water for moisture
  • KCKT as a leave-in
  • Curl Enhancing Smoothie for moisture and shine
  • Very light amount of coconut oil for my ends
I must say the one thing I'm worried about is the hold.  I can already tell my hair is very, very soft so I know my curls will not last 6 days like the Lottabody allowed.  I plan on re-braiding my hair every other day to maintain the style and to prevent daily manipulation of my hair.


'Til next time,

Love and peace, Peace and love,

*Cam*

2 comments:

  1. @Curly B. thanks :-) Sorry for the late response, I just returned from vacation.

    ReplyDelete