Saturday, December 11, 2010

Why must thee loathe my curls, oh winter?

Maybe it's just me but this winter season seem exceptionally cruel to my hair and it's not officially winter yet.  What the freak!  I admit . . . it took me a moment to realize why my hair was getting dry especially around my nape.  Even my twists were fighting to stay moisturized and have that 'full' look to them.  Po babies :-(. 

Then one day I left the house to get something from my car.  A quick trip to the car, I came back in the house, happen to touch my hair and my twists felt frozen.  Say what!  I said my twists were frozen!  Lightly frozen, but still frozen, cold, lost, alone . . . ok so it wasn't that deep but they were cold.  No more!  Lol. 

Wake up call answered and understood, I changed my winter (cold) reggie and haven't had a problem since.  The main things I changed to my normal reggie were:

   Moisturized my hair every day, which of course meant I needed to seal.  I normally seal with coconut oil but for the winter I'll seal with avocado or olive oil since I'll be sealing daily and prefer a lighter oil so my hair will not get weighed down
-   Adopted baggying!  Ooh, baggying is fuuuuuuunnnnnn!  Lol.  I baggy every other day and mainly just the ends.  Although I will baggy my entire head if I want a moisture boost.
-   Super protect my ends.  I ensure my ends are nice and cozy under my twist.  Nice and snuggly :-)

Well that's my winter reggie.  Have you have updated yours?   Protect you and your hair this winter.  Bring on the snow!

As always,

Love and Peace, Peace and Love
*Cam*

No comments:

Post a Comment