Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Veggies Please

Today I finally went grocery shopping, without a list.  Normally, I'm prepared but I've been a little distracted lately (reference my last post).  :-)

I knew the items we were lacking but I was shocked when I checked out and approximately 50% of my items were veggies and fruits.  Despite popular opinion, lol, I am not a vegetarian. :-)  I eat meat just not as frequently as some people.  I prefer meat every other day but I do consume protein in the form of cottage cheese and beans on a daily basis. 

Earlier this year I learned you should shop the perimeter of the store and never down the aisles.  The reasoning to this theory is items in the aisles contain salt and preservatives and are usually high in sugar, fat, and sodium.  If you shop the perimeter of the store, you'll hit the fruit, veggie, meat, and dairy sections which your body metabolic system recognizes and can process naturally.

I know I love my veggies and fruits but I was still shocked but very proud of my unplanned purchases :-).  What veggies and fruits did I purchase . . . short list version:
      • Clementines
      • Grapes
      • Bell peppers
      • Baby carrots
      • Corn
      • Cucumbers
      • Cabbage
      • Greens
      • Onions
      • Potatoes
      • Celery
      • Tomatoes
      • Bananas
      • Apples
      • Green Beans
      • Peppers
You may think I bought too many fruits but, my Bumblebee (daughter) and I will eat them within 7-10 days.  Now if I can get my hubby to consume fruit consistently. . . wishful thinking. 

As always,

Love and Peace, Peace and Love,
*Cam*

No comments:

Post a Comment