Thursday, November 4, 2010

Hair Length Challenge . . . for Moi!

I recently joined the fabulous group of Long Hair Care Forum and I'm pleasantly surprised.  I like the camaraderie of the group in all things, not just hair.  I was infatuated by the diverse forums in which you can get and/or give spiritual advice, discuss topics unrelated to hair, and of course all the fa-bu-lous advice on hair.  I'm falling in love with LHCF . . . awwwww.


My decision to go natural in December of 2007 was one of frustration with waiting in the salon to get my creamy crack.  Why does it take so long?  Where is my creamy crack?!!!! :-)  I met an awesome hair stylist in 2008 and decided to do a mini chop.  My hair was straighten with a ceramic iron and was approximately a bob length.  My curly hair was fro-ish and I went to the salon every week.


May of 2009 I took control of my hair and stopped going to the salon for maintenance, styling, everything.  I read biology and hair books to educate myself on obtaining and maintaining healthy hair.  I accomplished taking my curls from ear length (by 2009) to arm pit length (APL) today.  So for the first time in history (make sure you mark your calendars), I am entering my FIRST HAIR CHALLENGE!  Lol.  Now, if you was by me I would have screamed it like Queen Oprah.  :-) 


My challenge is to achieve bra strap length (BSL) by November of 2011 using my strict regimen and utilizing 2-strand twists as my protective style.  I will acheive BSL by:
  • Maintaining moisture balance
  • Protective styling
  • Meet veggie, fruit, and water daily requirements
  • Dust ends as needed
  • No blow drying nor heat
  • And most importantly staying positive
Will I accomplish BSL within a year?  Watch and see.


Love and peace, Peace and Love,
                    *Cam*

No comments:

Post a Comment