Tuesday, November 2, 2010

14 Years and counting :-)

Yesterday marked 14 years of  marriage to my hubby, author Gerald Rice.  I'm so excited and looking forward to 14+ more years.  We were marreid very young, age 19, and together since we were 16.  Needless to say, plenty of people did not expect our marriage to last but we never thought it wouldn't. 

So what have I learned after 14 years of marriage . . .
  • It's a relationship!  Lol.  Rainbows and unicorns will not be present throughout your day.  There are ups and downs, so focus on the good times.
  • Don't try to change the person you married - you married them for a reason.  Both parties will have to give-and-take and make minor changes.
  • Have fun and be adventuruous.  The daily grind is hard enough to balance.  When you come home, life with your mate should be fun and sexy.  Lol.  Don't forget the sexy.
  • Unfortunately, I am not always right.  But I wish I was!  Ok, enough of that point.
We also have one child and planning for a second.  Yah!!!  It's so important to remember each other when raising children.  Holding hands, sneaky kisses, and hugs are important to keep the fire burning.  Or in my case, we love wrestling.  Hey, to each their own! 

*Love and Peace, Cam*

No comments:

Post a Comment