Monday, November 15, 2010

The Art of Positivity

Recently, I had a girlfriend come to me for career advice.  She is a very dear friend of mine which is why I asked her if I could tell her story, prior to me publishing this. 

The plain and simple is my girlfriend is not happy with her job.  Like most companies during the downturn, there is no career development, no future pay increases, and no lateral opportunities at her job to obtain cross-functional experience.  Most people can relate to this scenario since either you or someone you know face a similar dilemma in the workplace. 

At this point, some of you may ask why is she complaining since she is employed?  Well, like some many people leaving corporate jobs, my girlfriend rather be pursue a job for personal happiness than to stay in a job for comfortability and/or money.

Well, I do not believe in being miserable.  In my 33 years, I have learned the 'art of positivity' and how state of mind plays a significant role on your overall health.  I'm not trying to get all yogalicious on you, lol, but I do know angst, anger, and stress all negatively affect your overall health.

What did my friend do? . . . she's creating a plan of action that will allow her to pursue her dream while working on how to stay positive at her job until implementation occur.  You go girl!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment