Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Doctor's Orders

Yesterday I visited my doctor for the usual check-up: Cholesterol, HbA1C, Medication Review, heart still working . . . you know, the usual.  J

I was shocked to find out my LDL cholesterol was a little too high and I had a mild case of anemia, as if Type 1 Diabetes wasn't enough.  The great part about my visit was my blood pressure was perfection (110/70) which leads them to believe my LDL number was due to dietary changes.  If my blood pressure was high in conjunction to the high LDL, then I would be in trouble since that scenario could mean clogged arteries. 

When I joined Weight Watchers, I knew I had to consume more protein especially since I don't eat meat regularly.  I'm not a vegetarian but I find the texture of meat to be unappealing.  I love fish which is limited to 3 times a week.  Therefore, I'm always short on my protein intake. 

I take full responsibility for my LDL and know it is my dietary change with consuming a high quantity of eggs every week in addition to my love of BBQ chips.  LOL!  I told my Doctor that and all he could do is laugh and tell me to cut it out of my plan.  My rationale was . . . well it fit in my WWPoint Plus plan lol. 

Well not anymore.  I'm done!  Cold Turkey!

I'm very competitive and I want to show my doctor dietary changes can improve my LDL and anemia, so this is my plan of action:
ü       No eggs, chips, nor high saturated fat foods until my next check-up in approximately 3 months.
ü       Daily intake of Ferrus Gluconate (iron) per Doctor orders.
ü       Introduction of raisins to meal plan to naturally aid in iron deficiency.  Corn is also a really great source of iron but I'm already consuming corn on a daily basis.  Clearly, I need more natural iron foods J

Although I missed my boiled egg this morning, I'm determined to make lemonade from my temporary lemons. 

Til next time,

Love and Peace, Peace and Love

*Cam*

No comments:

Post a Comment