Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My Twists are back :-)

Yesterday I twisted my hair in small twists, with a few sprinkles of medium size twists, to significantly reduce daily manipulation.  I love swimming and usually swim with my hair twisted.  However, during my vacation I swam with my hair out; freely floating in the water.  I did my usual routine of washing and conditioning afterwards and wore my hair in a wet bun.  When we returned home, I swam again with my hair out.  It was so hot 'til I wanted to calm my body temp down more so than worrying about my hair.

By Saturday, I realized I had wet and manipulated my hair every day for the last 1.5 weeks.  So Sunday, I twisted my hair and Monday wore it pinned.


So did my daily manipulation damage my hair and cause excessive shedding?  Absolutely, not!  I ensured my hair was heavily conditioned and added protein every other day to strengthen my tresses.  Wearing my hair in a wet bun also helped since my ends were conditioned and tucked away.

I'm truly starting to believe my hair will grow rather it's in a protective style or not.  The key is to ensure your ends have proper moisture-balance and you are eating balanced meals.

'Til next time,

Love and peace, Peace and love,

*Cam*

No comments:

Post a Comment